Generation Health will be facilitating a RTW Coordination training course on 20 & 21 February 2019 which will be held in North Sydney, NSW.
WHO SHOULD DO THIS COURSE?
This course is for people wanting to work as a return to work (RTW) coordinator in NSW or existing RTW coordinators who have not previously completed a SIRA-approved course, or those who have previously undertaken the training but would like to refresh their skills and knowledge taking into account the various changes in NSW workers compensation legislation.
WHY IS THIS COURSE NECESSARY?
Category 1 employers must employ or contract their own trained RTW Coordinator.
Category 1 employer criteria:
• Basic tariff premium exceeds $50,000 OR;
• Self-insured OR;
• Employs more than 20 workers and is insured by a specialised insurer.
WHAT DOES THE COURSE COVER?
• Workplace injury management and workers compensation system.
• Components of an employer’s RTW program.
• The role of the RTW Coordinator.
• Key issues in working with doctors, rehabilitation and treatment providers.
• The role of the insurer.
• Benefits available for injured workers.
• Developing a return to work plan.
• Dispute prevention and resolution.
• Recent changes in workers compensation legislation.
Refer to the link below to access flyer which contains registration details.
RTW Coordination Training 20 & 21 February 2019